Research and higher education monitoring and analysis center (MOSTA) will take part in one more Interreg Baltic Sea Region project – “Baltic science network”.
The project will establish a political coordination framework for joint Baltic Sea Region (BSR) higher education, science & research policy with the overall aim to support the realisation of the European Research Area via intensified cooperation in the BSR, increase the research and innovation performance and strengthen the political ownership in the field of science policy by the regions and its member states.
Coordinator of project is Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg, Ministry of Science, Research and Equalities, Germany. Project partners are from institutions, universities from Finland, 2 Lithuania, 2 Sweden, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Latvia and Poland.
The main outputs of the project include:
• Foundation of the Baltic Science Network
• Joint presentation of macro regional interests on EU level and policy recommendations
• Joint transnational strategies for specific areas of scientific excellence
• Incentives/ funding schemes for fostering transnational research and innovation uptake in BSR
• Measures for better transnational utilisation of existing/ planned R&I infrastructure
• Structured mobility tools and mobility funding instruments
• Concepts and recommendations for widening participation. Do's and Don'ts for successful implementation of transnational science policy cooperation
Through these efforts the project will foster the realisation of common higher education and research area in the Baltic Sea Region, and its research and innovation performance.
Budget of project is 2.9 mln. EUR.
Interreg Baltic Sea Region is an EU funding programme that facilitates transnational cooperation in the region. Partners from countries around the Baltic Sea work together in transnational projects to address common key challenges and opportunities. The funding is mainly directed at public authorities, research and training institutions, NGOs, sectoral agencies & associations and enterprises.